Nintex Workflow for Project Server empowers project and portfolio managers to design and implement end-to-end workflows without the need for complex and costly development cycles. Nintex was named in Gartner Inc's list of Cool Vendors in Program and Portfolio Management 2013 an exclusive list that highlights innovative vendors and their products and services.
|Project, Portfolio and Collaboration Workflows
- Demand management workflows to ensure portfolio governance
- Event driven workflows that automate actions and alerts
- SharePoint workflows to collaborate on project artifacts
|Quick and Easy
- Browser based, drag and drop designer within Project Server
- No code required providing flexibility and lower costs
- Simple deployment and management
|Connect to Other Systems
- Query project data using the Project Server Interface (PSI)
- Connect to company wide Line of Business (LOB) data systems
- Integrate with Office 365 sites and utilize cloud services via Nintex Live
Project, Portfolio and Collaboration Workflows
Demand management workflows created with Nintex Workflow for Project Server are assigned to Enterprise Project Type’s (EPTs) and can be configured to present Project Detail Pages (PDPs)and set stage status through the lifecycle phases according to an organization’s EPM methodology. It is built with deep integration with Project Server so you create native Project Server workflows.
In addition, workflows can be associated to asynchronous Project Server events and kicked off based on events such as when a project is published, or a new resource is created. This helps ensure greater governance across an organizations’ project management practice by monitoring budgets and resource status.
The underlying Nintex Workflow integration with SharePoint helps improve collaboration and communications across the project team during project execution and management.
Design Workflows in Minutes
Nintex Workflow for Project Server is a browser based designer embedded in the Project Web Application
• Draw, configure and update workflows by dragging and dropping actions onto the design canvas.
• Track their status visually and review reports all within the browser without the need for additional software.
• Save and reuse workflow logic across projects, departments and teams, or use templates to enforce standard processes and methodology
Leverage Nintex Workflow Connectivity
Workflows created with Nintex Workflow for Project Server will connect to CRM, ERP and other LOB systems, as well as SharePoint Business Connectivity Services, Active Directory and Lync. Combined with the powerful Nintex Workflow actions, you are able to:
• Consume information from financial, human resources, billing and other disparate systems to create more complete workflows.
Unlock the data available within your Project Server instance via the Project Server Interface (PSI) or Project Server’s dedicated reporting database.
• Build processes that utilize Nintex Live to connect to an ever-growing catalog of online services and interact directly with Office 365, Yammer, Twitter, Bing and a World of Business and government information services
• Leverage out of the box integration with Exchange and Lync to schedule meetings and provide real time notifications.
• Create workflows that provide greater visibility into process status, compliance, bottlenecks, and participation. For example, you can analyze how long project approval requests take to be approved, how often requests are escalated, the time taken by each approver, etc.
* Nintex Workflow is required for Nintex Workflow for Project Server to operate.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.