Manager, Technical ContentAucklandMelbourne
A Technical Content Manager at Nintex is responsible for a regionally located Technical Content team, and working with other regionally based Technical Content Managers in the production and delivery of Technical content in a variety of formats for a diverse audience of Nintex customers, partners, and employees. This is a hands-on role that requires strong collaboration with globally distributed product teams, a combination of strategy/tactical execution, and the ability to collaborate and communicate up and down the organization.
Build on and refine our technical content.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a strategy that provides product consumers with varying technical content that increases their ability to understand our products and services, how to use them in a real-world scenario, or solve a problem (deflecting support cases).
- Provide forums for and encourage product consumer feedback on technical content as well as advance technical content across Nintex, which might reside in other Departments such as Corporate Marketing, Customer Success.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of internal technical content for R&D teams, including technical diagrams, incident run books, technical knowledge base content.
- Hands on technical writing, editorial assistance, and guidance to your team.
- Maintenance of the localization processes.
- Working with stakeholders; providing input into style guides and guidelines for technical content. Identify, develop, make visible and report on meaningful metrics.
- Enable data-driven responses to evaluate and build upon our existing and new content.
Leadership and management of regionally based Technical Content team.
- Build and develop a regional technical content team to meet the needs of the business.
- Examine and determine how to grow technical content externally and internally.
- Assist in setting department and individual goals.
- Conduct performance and salary reviews.
Department management: working with the VP of Operations, Security and Practices attend to and, where required, expand on the efficient running of the department. This includes:
- Budget and P&L responsibility for technical content.
- Proactively manage relationships with external providers, including management of contractor and vendor agreements.
- Maintenance of the Technical Writers career framework
- International travel to our development centers for periods of up to 2 weeks per trip.
Nintex is the world leader in Intelligent Process Automation. Ranked as one of 2019's "Best Places to Work" we're committed to providing an inclusive environment for all of our employees. More than 8,000 clients across 90 countries use the Nintex Platform to accelerate their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimising business processes.
Everyone who works at Nintex follow three core tenets to ensure we operate a highly successful and collaborative business:
- We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality every time…..on time. -
- We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
- We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and, we will do it the right way.
We have a highly collaborative culture where we focus on success through team efforts.