DevOps Systems Engineer - 12 Month Fixed Term ContractMelbourne
Nintex is the world leader in Process Management and Automation and we were recently recognised in the top 10 of Australia’s Best Places to Work for 2020. Not only do we have a state-of-the-art SaaS platform that improves the way people work, we're also committed to providing an inclusive environment for all our employees.
More than 8,000 clients across 90 countries use the Nintex Platform to accelerate their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimising business processes.
About the team
Our Melbourne office is our largest engineering hub; bringing together talented technical experts to develop the next generation of the Nintex platform. We pride ourselves on having a great culture and a focus on continuous innovation. Not to mention we're all about the cool tech. So, if you're interested in being part of creating the future of our product, then please keep reading.
About the role
We'll want you to be an expert in Azure, bringing hands-on expertise in an enterprise-level production environment.
Key to this role will be your ability to administer our Microsoft Azure environments and supporting services, deploy updates and embrace our security practices. You'll initiate and update technical documentation and participate in being on-call for production incidents rectification/remediation. The best part is getting to work alongside the team in product and feature development and improving our platform to support our new features and enhancements.
As part of this role you’ll work on the next generation of Nintex Workflow Cloud and actively contribute to our DevOps practice. We’re looking for someone who already has solid experience and is ready to take their skills and career to the next level!
Please note – due to the effects of COVID-19 we are all (Nintex globally) working from home at this time. Once we get to a point where it’s safe for us to return to the office, we’d love to see you there. Until then you’ll need to be ready and able to work remotely!
- Previous experience in a similar role as a DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience in a cloud-based infrastructure, specifically: Azure
- Exposure to Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code at scale (we use ARM templates)
- Have practical experience with pipelines as code
- Have good networking and security fundamentals
- Strong PowerShell and exposure to Bash (or other) scripting languages
- Development of system monitoring using telemetry using Azure Application Insights
- Knowledge of serverless technologies, including Azure Functions
- Knowledge of agile software development principles and practices, experience working in an agile development team
- Experience working with global teams in different time zones (desirable)
What's in it for you?
In addition to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues and a leadership team that genuinely cares. We do our best to support our employees in their career journey. This includes providing benefits that matter, such as flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers, employee assistance programs, discounts on gym memberships and across life's essentials. Not to mention, we have a pretty cool office with all the frills, including unlimited snacks, Friday night drinks and monthly breakfasts.