Automation Test EngineerKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
Automation Test Engineers focus on automation and work in parallel with their peers on larger test automation projects. You demonstrate a thorough understanding of test automation frameworks and contribute to their support and maintenance. You proactively coach junior members of your group to develop a stronger testing team. You tackle QA issues while adhering to Nintex’s Secure Software Development Lifecycle and other relevant guidelines.
You display proficiency in a variety of industry-standard testing tools and quickly pick up new test automation technologies. You have an in-depth understanding of testing concepts and techniques. You are a vital member of the testing team and help your team make meaningful progress.
Your contribution will be:
- You create both end-to-end and integration tests independently.
- You independently create and maintain CI/CD pipelines and ensure their smooth operation.
- You have hands-on experience with automation tools such as Selenium / Appium / Cucumber; and version control e.g. Git.
- You write moderately complex code to mock-out services for supporting testing activities.
- You independently diagnose the root cause of defects and enable engineers to fix them on time.
- You assist in automating non-functional tests with tools that align with Nintex engineering principles.
- You attend and contribute to team meetings and ceremonies (daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, demos, and retrospective meetings).
- You proactively learn from others' testing and test automation best practices while prioritizing learning to support your delivery team.
- You own testing activities, seek functional clarity from stakeholders where required, and collaborate on acceptance criteria, manual testing, and automation.
- You proactively communicate to your team and delivery manager on your work status and seek any help required.
- You promote our culture through the Nintex tenets.
To be successful, we think you need:
- You support the QA team actively and contribute majorly to the automation of the QA workstream.
- You own and deliver testing of features with medium-to-large complexity.
- You follow best practices to independently build and extend automation frameworks (UI/API) and support testing.
- You take the lead in defining testing requirements and leverage your domain knowledge to identify requirement gaps.
- You estimate test automation tasks accurately, define milestones, and meet them on time.
- You keep your team and the Delivery manager aware of work status and blockers on time.
- You aim for continual improvement by learning new testing concepts, frameworks, technologies, and teaching others.
- You demonstrate proficiency in independently creating integration tests and diagnosing defect root causes successfully.
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community