Senior SRE EngineerJohannesburg, South Africa
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
We are looking to add a Senior SRE Engineer to our team that is comfortable working with technical complexity and building reusable infrastructure that can streamline development and operational pipelines. You pioneer best practices to boost quality and productivity. You work with composite technologies within ambiguous projects to deliver successful outcomes. You mentor other engineers and support both your team as well as Product members. You specialize in systems (OS’s, Storage, Networking) while implementing best practices for availability, reliability, and scalability with interests in distributed systems as Kubernetes.
Your contribution will be:
- You write scripts, tools and utilities that support and integrate with delivery pipelines and you integrate telemetry where appropriate.
- You are called into incidents and bring trusted knowledge in your platform domain.
- You debug and fix infrastructure issues on production environments quickly using the relevant tools and guidelines to prevent recurrence.
- You build, promote and support infrastructure patterns and practices within Nintex.
- You lead or contribute to post-mortems for incidents, including root cause analysis and identification of preventative and remedial actions.
- You review and advise on appropriate design patterns to solve automation and infrastructure problems without creating technical debt.
- You design and build complex infrastructure components for distributed systems as Kubernetes.
- You manage competing priorities, leveraging the Nintex Objective Key Results (OKR) framework.
- You explain all aspects of the infrastructure from your domain(s) to new engineers.
- You initiate and lead the refactoring of complex parts of the infrastructure.
- You identify optimization opportunities anywhere in the development or operations functions and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
- You suggest and contribute improvements to Nintex platform and observability tools and practices.
- You are continually on the lookout for opportunities to reduce errors through automating and standardizing processes. You bring infrastructure components into managed implementations like Infrastructure as Code (IaC), configuration management, and container usage.
- You are an active part of the incident management process, including on-call rotation and unblocking technical and operational decisions, related to Nintex Platform.
- You contribute to script libraries, infrastructure provisioning templates, reporting mechanisms or other shared repositories that will increase the productivity and success of Nintex teams.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
To be successful, we think you need:
- Have experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, App Insights and Loki
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Git and source code management tools
- Proficiency in setting up alerts and responding to incidents
- You are highly skilled and sufficiently experienced in Nintex DevOps tools and processes to own a long-term program or technology such as Kubernetes, etc.
- You have an in-depth understanding of distributed systems architecture, as well as monitoring and observability practices and tools.
- You act as a reliability champion
What's in it for you:
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to People Living with Disability who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Company.