Commercial CounselBellevue, WARemote - US
You want to change how work gets done. We’re here to help you make that happen. We improve the way people work through process management and automation. Since the company’s founding in 2006, our employees have helped customers and partners worldwide accelerate business results by digitally transforming workflows – thereby improving how people work.
About the role:
Nintex is looking for a highly-motivated attorney to join our growing legal team. As Commercial Counsel, you will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of commercial legal support to a high-volume commercial subscription cloud software organization. Your clients will include the global Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services, and Sales Operations organizations. The Commercial Counsel should take pride in efficiently getting deals done and be comfortable managing legal issues in multiple jurisdictions, including related legal documents and contracts, while remaining responsive to Nintex team members across the business. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role requires several years of experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts.
Your contribution will be:
- Review, draft, and negotiate various commercial and technology transaction agreements, including, but not limited to sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, and OEM agreements
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, Sales Operations, Marketing, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that businesspeople can implement
- Provide guidance on commercial questions and best practices to legal and cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with the Sales Operations, Finance and IT teams to build scalable systems and processes that will make purchasing from and working with Nintex faster and easier
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal teams on global commercial contracting initiatives
- Help build and improve forms, policies, and playbooks to improve commercial legal operations as Nintex continues to grow and expand in global markets.
To be successful we think you need:
- JD from an accredited law school
- Bar membership in good standing in at least one US state
- 2-4 years of legal experience in technology transactions and commercial contracting, preferably with experience in-house at a growing SaaS company
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals.
- Experience with partner contracts and negotiations is preferred.
- General knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations and marketing regulations
- Excellent communication skills are essential; you should be comfortable, confident, approachable, and be able to explain complicated issues at the right level of detail depending on the audience
- Strong client service orientation, with the ability to perform well under pressure
How we operate:
Everyone who works at Nintex follow three core tenets to ensure we operate a highly successful and collaborative business:
- We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality every time…..on time.
- We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
- We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and, we will do it the right way.
At Nintex, we thrive on helping our customers and partners succeed as they leverage the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people worldwide work as every organization needs what we provide. We have a highly collaborative culture where we focus on success through team efforts.
We offer competitive perks and benefits, including a virtual-first work environment, Global Gratitude & Recharge Days, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-and Long-term Disability insurance, parental leave, a 401k plan and match, and self-managed time off. Nintex carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including your qualifications and experience. Certain positions may also qualify for additional forms of compensation.
Unleash your potential. Apply today.
Nintex participates in E-Verify for work authorization. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.