Director, DevOps EngineeringAucklandBellevue, WAIrvine, CAMelbourne
At Nintex, we build the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Our engineers help the biggest organizations including Microsoft, Amazon, and Zoom automate and create efficiency. Our engineers choose to work at Nintex because they are able to impact people all around the world from banking to manufacturing to education to e-commerce. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people work worldwide as every organization needs what we provide.
About the Team
We are a progressive global DevOps Practice; whose members include a central DevOps Team of DevOps Engineers and Embedded DevOps Engineers reporting directly into Product Teams. The DevOps Practice mission is to support and empower engineering teams to reliably build, deploy and monitor the Nintex process management and automation platform. We succeed through collaboration, momentum, and pragmatism.
About the Role
The Director of DevOps is an exciting new role here at Nintex. This role will see you develop and drive our DevOps strategy to keep pace with our stellar growth and the challenges that accompany that. This is a hands-on technical leadership role for someone who has worked on and lead complex growth at scale.
You can except to be involved in leading and taking part in discussions on; growing, improving and supporting our customer facing platform infrastructure, security, performance, tooling, cost optimization, SLO’s and all the ‘abilities’.
Working through others you can expect to lead the direction of our DevOps Practice to better enable and empower product teams the ability to deploy and maintain/support their parts of the platform and features in a 24/7 environment.
Leverage the OKR framework to establish shared goals and establish a culture that looks to always automate common or repetitive tasks.
You will have Department level responsibilities that includes, capacity and succession planning, hiring, budgets & P&L responsibilities.
You can except to be an escalation point for both our incident on-call rotation and Privileged Access Management requests.
You can expect to be challenged and have the chance to leverage both your technical and leadership experience.
To assist in your success, you will be supported by driven; Chief of Product, Senior VP of Engineering, VP of Security and a global team of highly motivated DevOps Engineers.
If you are a hands-on technical leadership and someone who has worked on and lead complex growth at scale, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
- You have and thrive on applying your practical knowledge and proven implementation experience gained within an; existing fast paced/growing, multi product and complex B2B or B2C PaaS/SaaS based platform running preferably on Azure.
- 10+ years of software engineering or systems engineering experience
- 3+ years’ operating as a Director of DevOps (or equivalent)role
- Deep technical cloud platform knowledge, designing, building and operating securely complex product platforms at scale. Operating in both classic and containerized environments
- Demonstrated growth mindset with the ability to work with what you have
- Ability to inspire and motivate an organization around the modern DevOps practices and strategy
- Willingness and flexibility to come on our journey of change / improvement
What's in it for You
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you'll work alongside supportive colleagues and a leadership team that genuinely cares. We support a safe, inclusive, respectful culture that provides you a sense of belonging. We are supportive of each other’s career journeys to continue learning and growing. We provide benefits such as paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers, training for career growth, employee assistance programs, and a hybrid work model.
How We Operate
Everyone who works at Nintex follow three core tenets to ensure we operate a highly successful and collaborative business:
- We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality on time…every time.
- We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
- We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and, we will do it the right way.
At Nintex, we thrive on helping our customers and partners succeed as they leverage the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people worldwide work as every organization needs what we provide. We have a highly collaborative culture where we focus on success through team efforts.
Engineer the future of work. Join our team.