Global Pricing Desk ManagerRemote - Australia
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
Nintex is on a journey to take pricing from “art to science” and this role will have an outsize opportunity to contribute to that transformation. We are setting up a Pricing Deal Desk and looking for the right candidate to lead that function as we look towards the next phase of business growth for the company. The Pricing Deal Desk Manager will lead financial analysis related to customer contracts and deal pricing for our global customer base. This role will serve as a critical business partner to our Sales and Sales Ops teams, ensuring we drive sustainable and profitable growth through deal structure, P&L analysis, and driving price/mix improvement. This leader will quickly develop a deep understanding of our pricing and how that ultimately impacts revenue & margin targets and sales success. The role reports into the Head of Pricing and sits within the finance organization.
Your contribution will be:
- Build and manage a world-class Deal pricing approval process.
- Work closely with our Sales teams to conduct financial analysis, structure winning deals and drive alignment with overall pricing strategy.
- Improve our approach to discounting by making it significantly more data driven and standardized. Develop frameworks that work for our largest and most strategic customers.
- Collaborate with broader Pricing team to revisit our pricing strategy, update our price books, and leverage best practices and methodologies.
- Build financial models to conduct scenario analysis, optimize profitability and influence product and commercial decisions based on the data.
- Partner with Sales Ops, IT, Legal and Accounting to drive more automation to our deal desk processes where possible.
- Provide quarterly reporting on the efficacy and pricing integrity of our Deal Desk programs.
- Manage enterprise pricing escalations by working closely with regional sales leaders and account managers.
- Identify opportunities to improve current pricing processes, tools and infrastructure and be an advocate for change.
- Create and update dashboards to provide visibility into pricing and identify opportunities for margin expansion.
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 2-3 analysts.
To be successful, we think you need:
- 7+ years of relevant experience (deal desk pricing experience strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, statistics, economics, or other similar quantitative discipline. MBA, a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on business acumen.
- Fundamental understanding of pricing concepts and frameworks and a genuine interest in that domain.
- Ability to perform in-depth financial analysis and modeling (ROI, NPV, IRR)
- Ability to synthesize findings into essential insights and communicate them effectively to senior management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CPQ or similar CPQ Tools
- B2B SaaS experience is strongly preferred.
- High/expert level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Humility, Kindness, Curiosity, and a strong sense of ethics.
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.