EngineerJohannesburg, South Africa
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation. We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
As an Engineer, you work in parallel with your peers on larger projects. You take up lead roles on features or product refactoring work. You proactively coach junior members to build a stronger team. You design and implement complex features adhering to Nintex’s Secure Software Development Lifecycle and other relevant guidelines.You design systems of moderate complexity, and new features in existing or new products. You are knowledgeable about the latest technologies. Your work contributes meaningfully to Nintex's long-term goals for a product. You are a key member of a team that wholly owns services or components, and your suggestions and solutions help your team make meaningful progress.
Your contribution will be:
- You demonstrate self-sufficiency in at least one large area of the codebase with a high-level understanding of other components.
- You articulate code design choices clearly and suggest a feasible way forward.
- Besides being proficient in your chosen technology stack, you pick up new technologies quickly and teach others to use them. You share knowledge with the team and improve team productivity.
- You implement complex features and act as a primary resource for maintaining existing critical systems.
- You positively influence the team by having a reputation for getting things done.
- While experiencing conflict in technical approaches and reviews, you critique technical approaches and coach others on improving their work.
- You attend and contribute to team ceremonies and meetings (daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, demos, and development retrospective meetings.)
- You communicate progress to the team and delivery manager regularly and seek guidance when required.
- Besides analyzing and implementing technical solutions efficiently, you raise the team’s productivity by spotting opportunities for code re-use.
- You are an active part of the incident management process, including on-call rotation and working with the IM team to resolve incidents.
- You regularly contribute new ideas and maintain focus on continual improvement.
To be successful, we think you need:
- C#, .NET,
- HTML / CSS,
- SQL, Blob Storage skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to People Living with Disability who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Company.