DevOps EngineerRemote - Malaysia
Join us to transform the way people work, everywhere. Our products are the global standard for process intelligence and automation at more than 10,000 organizations across 90 countries. You’ll help customers accelerate their digital transformation, bringing them a quicker, easier, better way to work.
About the Role:
As a DevOps Engineer, You are skilled in the technology stacks within your domain and have a general knowledge of technology and tool sets across the wider DevOps environment. You create code, testing and operational solutions that also include monitoring and feedback loops to manage the implementation. You roll-out complex infrastructure components and act as a primary resource for supporting and operating existing critical systems.
Your contribution will be:
- Write tools and utilities that support and integrate with delivery pipelines and you integrate telemetry where appropriate.
- Debug and fix infrastructure issues on production environments.
- Actively build, shape, and promote infrastructure architecture patterns and practices.
- Advocate for a DevOps culture within Nintex and add value by bringing the DevOps perspective to all your projects.
- Independently deploy medium to large infrastructure components, via automation, into production while always following Nintex development and deployment guidelines.
- Write thorough post-mortems for infrastructure, pipeline, and automation problems, including root cause analysis and contribute to preventative and remedial actions.
- Consider relevant quality characteristics of your code and scripts during design and development. You use appropriate tools and processes to ensure quality.
- Collaborate with other teams to create prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Explain DevOps concepts and patterns to other engineers and empower them to contribute independently.
- Triage and solve issues correctly and independently.
- Contribute to the development of new functions in the more complex areas of DevOps such as continuous integration, new infrastructure, or automated incident mitigation.
- Start each project with security in mind and make sure that security is built into the design, implementation, and the relevant processes and practices.
- Each solution that you design and implement will adhere to the relevant guidelines in support of security, disaster recovery, scalability, availability, reliability, and durability.
- Modify and improve existing development and operational procedures to make them compliant with the relevant Nintex standards.
- Assist other engineers with the design of complex enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to improve the software development and delivery processes and support activities to improve them.
- Be an active part of the incident management process, including on-call rotation and working with the IM team to resolve incidents.
- Use appropriate DevOps patterns to solve development and operational problems
- Own and manage infrastructure components of medium-to-large complexity.
- Consistently stay on track by aligning your work to project and product goals.
- Proactively communicate technical issues and decisions to your team members, Delivery Manager, and Product Management.
- Recognize risks in projects, identify requirement gaps and take appropriate mitigations promptly.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and professional experience by thinking before changing infrastructure or pipelines to avoid wasted effort.
- Contribute effectively during team challenges, system outages, or support activities.
- Actively participate in post-mortems and root cause analysis.
- Contribute to Nintex's broader Engineering practice by defining, refining, and re-using patterns.
- Identify and proactively reduce technical debt where appropriate.
- Demonstrate maturity by engaging in a productive dialog when faced with conflicting views in the team or project.
- Seek and receive feedback from others positively and demonstrate a mindset of continual improvement
To be successful we think you need:
- Strong programming background.
- Familiar with AKS/Kubernetes.
- Good understanding GitOps Release approach.
- Good understanding of technology such as secrets management, PIM, CosmosDB, Azure Key Vault.
- In-depth understanding of CI/CD pipelines and lead initiatives that help teams deliver continuously
- Ability to work with teams to improve; availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, SLIs and SLOs.
- Ability to implement solutions that support security, disaster recovery, scalability, availability, reliability, and durability.
- Available for on call duties
How we operate:
Our day-to-day is guided by three core tenets that help us work collaboratively, effectively, and respectfully in a way that allows us to ideate, and improve, together.
· We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality on time. Every time.
· We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
· We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and we will do it the right way.
We foster a workplace that gives amazing people the freedom and support to do their very best work every day – work that accelerates digital transformation across the globe with a best-in-class process platform.
Be part of the transformation. Apply today.