Principal DevOps EngineerRemote - AUSRemote - NZ
At Nintex, we build the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Our engineers help the biggest organizations including Microsoft, Amazon, and Zoom automate and create efficiency. Our engineers choose to work at Nintex because they are able to impact people all around the world from banking to manufacturing to education to e-commerce. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people work worldwide as every organization needs what we provide.
About the team
We are a close-knit team of talented technical experts working hard to enable the Nintex development teams to deliver new features to our customers fast. We work with a variety of products and technologies and drive operational excellence across development teams working all over the globe.
With our great ‘Working from Home’ hybrid model you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely as well as the option to come into the office to collaborate with your team-mates.
About this role
This is a new and exciting role to Nintex, a Principal DevOps Engineer working with others delivers the future of our cloud architecture which underpins our diverse set of products and services. Using your experience you will architect solutions, guide team members and advise product and engineering teams.
You play a big part in new initiatives and help guide the longer term vision for the Nintex platform ensuring both existing and new requirements are met, constantly moving the dial towards excellence.
This is a great opportunity to join and work with a progressive global DevOps Practice supported by a driven team influencing operational best practices across the wider engineering organisation.
What we’d like to see in you
- Proven experience in architecting complex modern solutions in Azure
- Strong technical skills and experience with cloud infrastructure at scale in Azure
- Extensive experience managing container orchestration platforms in a global SaaS platform
- Deep knowledge of microservice considerations and topologies
- Deep understanding of security concerns and architecting secure solutions
- Strong experience in automation of operational tasks to enable highly available services
- Experience with alerting, monitoring and observability
- A strong record of leadership to influence across the engineering organisation
- Ability to work with a Global team, possess a high level of communication / collaboration both verbally and written. The ability to succinctly and accurately document and share knowledge in a structured way
- Experience working with modern git code management practices including merging and branching strategies.
- Incident management, including on-call escalations
- Understand of platform costs structures, inputs and drivers
- Demonstrated growth mindset with the ability to work with what you have
- Ability to inspire and motivate an organization around the modern DevOps practices and strategy
- Willingness and flexibility to come on our journey of change / improvement
- You build and promote the longer term architectural vision
- You design and architect solutions with development teams for new and existing services
- Democratise DevOps capabilities across Nintex by helping the DevOps practice transition from expertise to enablement
- You build knowledge across the platform and identify areas for improvement across products in the platform
- Effectively lead multiple simultaneous projects, working closely with the engineering leads and engineers
- You uphold and promote the company architectural principles and practices, researching and growing the engineering teams ‘golden paths’
- You suggest multiple viable design and architectural approaches for any given problem.
- You clearly communicate the risks, advantages, pros, and cons for each approach in design, architectural, and technical matters.
- You make good, fact-based and well-informed decisions around technical debt and trade-offs.
- You translate ideas into clear executable technical plans with discrete tasks.
- Coach and mentor across multiple teams both individually and through knowledge sharing, brown bags and tech talks.
- Clear and considerate communicator, able to express robust opinions, and reason about and synthesise contrasting opinions and other points of view
- You attend and contribute to team ceremonies and meetings (daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, demos, and development retrospective meetings).
- You model expected behaviours in all ceremonies and meetings.
- You communicate progress to the team and stakeholders of your initiatives regularly and seek guidance when required.
- You regularly contribute new ideas and maintain focus on continual improvement.
What’s in it for you
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you'll work alongside supportive colleagues and a leadership team that genuinely cares. You will have the opportunity to work with a large, diverse engineering team with the chance improve how we develop and deliver the world leading process platform to our tens of thousands of customers.
We support a safe, inclusive, respectful culture that provides you a sense of belonging. We are supportive of each other’s career journeys to continue learning and growing. We provide benefits such as paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers, training for career growth, employee assistance programs, a hybrid work model and much more.
Our commitment to you is to give you opportunities to help you take your career to the next level.