It is no secret that in today’s digital workplace, far too many processes are significantly tedious, manual, and broken. But it doesn’t have to be this way. With the unique capabilities of today’s leading business technology providers combined with a comprehensive Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) solution, it is entirely possible to eliminate these inefficiencies.
Broken Processes Impede Growth and Employee Satisfaction
A recent study, the Definitive Guide to Corporate America’s Most Broken Processes, shows that American workers are most troubled by their company’s process for:
- Troubleshooting technology issues
- Having the right access to tools and documents
- Navigating annual performance reviews
- Getting promoted
- Onboarding as a new employee
While each of these are certainly important processes for a company to get right if they hope to grow and retain great talent, this last process has particular significance to organizations.
The same study of U.S. companies with more than 1,000 employees showed that 58% of employees experienced a broken onboarding process. Of these respondents, more than two thirds said that these broken processes prevent them from maximizing their potential and over half don’t see themselves remaining with the company for more than five years.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and companies who make a good first impression have a much better chance of a larger return on their investment in recruiting and retaining talented people.
Adobe Document Cloud understands this point well. At the behest of an agency client, they set out to transform the onboarding process leveraging the Nintex platform with their e-signature solution Adobe Sign, Microsoft’s preferred e-signature solution.
Adobe Document Cloud and Nintex Give New Employees a Better Experience
I was fortunate to help Adobe Senior Solution Consultant Ben Vanderberg share their unique solution at the Nintex xchange conference last month.
Onboarding can be a daunting process, especially for agencies, as they often need to locate, hire, and ramp freelance artists, copywriters, and project managers for specific, time-sensitive projects. The challenge, in this case, was how to get a new employee hired, onboarded and ready to work quickly – all in a way that provides a positive experience.
For the Adobe team, working on behalf of their client, it was simply a matter of creating a workflow using the Nintex drag-and-drop designer, together with Nintex Forms and Nintex Document Generation, and the Adobe Sign connector.
The workflow was built in a single day and provides a highly streamlined, intuitive, and integrated onboarding experience. It also creates a number of unique benefits to the users:
- The agency hiring manager uses Adobe’s Behance to locate and connect with an appropriate designer to hire for her time-sensitive project.
- The hiring manager uses Nintex Document Generation and a Nintex workflow to quickly create a Statement of Work (SOW) and securely send to the designer.
- All parties are able to securely review and sign the SOW on their mobile devices using Adobe Sign and Acrobat’s Reading Mode for Mobile.
- The HR manager is able to review the SOW, track progress, and ensure legal compliance throughout the process.
- Once all agreements are reached, the workflow sends a personalized welcome and onboarding materials to the new hire, providing key information he or she needs to successfully ramp in the new role.
These points just scratch the surface of how Nintex and Adobe Document Cloud can work together to make onboarding easier and more intuitive using Adobe Sign and the Nintex platform.
And look for more to come as Adobe and Nintex transform the way people work, create, and transact in today’s modern workplace with the power of the Adobe Document Cloud and Intelligent Process Automation (IPA).