Each year, Salesforce releases a report called ‘The State of Sales’. In this report, they interview thousands of business leaders about trends, obstacles, and opportunities in the retail industry.
In this blog, we’ll examine some of the main findings in the most recent issue of the report, as discussed in a recent Nintex webinar by Nintex’s Gary Ross, Account Manager, and Marcus Platt, Sales Engineer. We’ll also outline the steps that organizations can take to accelerate sales processes in Salesforce.
The problem with sales
Sales success requires a great deal of planning, from identifying and nurturing leads to renewing and retaining existing customers. While CRM platforms like Salesforce enhance sales efficiency and provide visibility, there’s still room for improvement.
Every year, 57% of sales representatives miss their sales targets. There are many contributing factors:
- 49% of contracts take over a month to complete
- 61% of sales require the use of four or more systems
- 52% of sales executives cite their top concern as long sales cycles
- Only 34% of sales reps’ time is actually spent engaging with prospects and selling; the other 66% is primarily spent on administrative, manual tasks
As Gary Ross noted in the webinar: “With Nintex, you can give every sales rep over 20% of that time back and spend more time on high-value work.”
Documents: The center of business success
Essential business documents form the multitude of tasks that distract reps from selling. Documents connect every area of a business and enable information sharing across departments.
They’re also the source of almost all daily work: 50% of knowledge workers’ time is spent creating and preparing documents, and 92% of professionals still collaborate on and review documents by email.
Get started transforming your sales department
Automation is the key to powering sales success. Pursuing digital transformation not only in your sales department but across your entire organization requires embracing intelligent solutions that can remove or streamline manual tasks from your workflows. There are three primary goals that sum up what your organization can achieve by implementing automation:
- Shortening your sales cycle
- Attaining higher win rates
- Eliminating distractions for sales reps to help them complete more high-value work
By managing, automating, and optimizing key activities across the sales cycle, your organization can achieve these goals. To ensure that you get the most out of your automation investment, Gary Ross offered the three following steps.
3 steps to achieving ROI on document automation
1. Automate document creation
Ryan advised that “when we look at automating document creation, it begins with automating the creation of data-driven documents directly within Salesforce.”
Using Salesforce, sales reps can instantly create customer-friendly, company-approved documents with the click of a button. Nintex Drawloop DocGen then merges the data with any custom or standard object stored in Salesforce. All your business information then flows into familiar, pre-approved formats like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or PDF, ensuring that every document is on brand and accurate.
2. Expedite workflows and signature
The Nintex Platform offers drag-and-drop functionality with no coding required, eliminating delays, increasing collaboration and helping workers accelerate sales processes.
Workflows can be customized to route documents for internal reviews and approvals by sales, management, legal, or any other relevant person. Documents can then be sent directly to clients for e-signatures to be added. Relevant people can also be alerted during the stages of a document process to ensure that no sale falls through the cracks.
3. Extend the value of Salesforce
One of the best ways to ensure sales success is to make the most of your tools. Modern forms and mobile apps help you use all of your data to fuel documents and drive business workflows. With customizable apps, it’s easy to capture data within forms from any location on any device. The data will be updated not only in your Salesforce sales cloud records, it is often used to launch a workflow or trigger the creation of a document.
Using mobile apps, workers can access documents, forms, and tasks from any location. Any changes that are made offline will be instantly available when you’re back online. You can even use the app to close a deal on the spot with the Nintex Sign eSignature capabilities.
Accelerate sales processes with Nintex
The path to sales success is paved with automation. With the right tools, you can invest in your sales reps and give them the opportunity to do what they do best: close deals. Nintex offers a range of tools that any sales rep can use to optimize your document management system and eliminate administrative tasks from their day-to-day lives.
- Seamless integration – Create workflows to trigger automation at a set interval
- Accelerated approvals – Reduce time to signature by 95% with e-signing on any device
- Improved compliance – Reduce legal and business risk and improve compliance with end-to-end automated workflows
- Increased visibility – Automate document processes and gain total visibility, improving productivity
- Become mobile – Use apps from any device to send documents and collect signatures
- Simple UI – Complete tasks and collect signatures with just a few clicks, no what matter your tech experience
To find out more about how Nintex can help you close more sales and generate more revenue, get in touch today.