There are many ways to modernize business processes. Whether that’s via mobile apps, workflow automation, document generation, electronic forms, e-signatures—the list goes on. But it’s robotic process automation (RPA) that has arguably generated the most buzz in recent years. The growth of RPA has been staggering and continues to go from strength to strength. Gartner projected that the RPA industry would reach $1.89 billion in 2021, an increase of 19.5% from 2020.
This blog will examine why robotic process automation has so many admirers, outline how it benefits organizations, and explore some of the amazing things you can do with solutions like RPA Blotflows™ from Nintex, including examples of robotic process automation in action.
What is robotic process automation?
What if you could banish the most time-consuming and laborious aspects of work? No more Mondays manually managing data inputs in mountainous mega-spreadsheets. No more Tuesdays tediously trawling through taxing, towering tables and columns. No more Wednesdays waking up to… you get the point.
RPA takes care of rote tasks, using software to automate any function that could be carried out by an employee on their computer using a keyboard or mouse. It can be used for a whole host of everyday tasks, such as:
- Resolving tickets
- Extracting structured data from documents
- Making calculations
- Checking invoices
- Aggregating data for reports
- Moving files and folders
- Running payroll administration
- Scheduling and tracking shipments
By taking care of these tasks, RPA frees up employees to focus on more valuable work.
Why is RPA so important?
Process automation has the potential to improve productivity and boost the bottom line. But it can also make a significant impact on employee satisfaction. In fact, our recent report into the world’s most broken processes found that manual processes were a large contributor to employees deciding to look for another job. The report discovered that:
- 25-30% of respondents were looking for another job
- 90% of those people said broken processes were influencing their decision
- Over half of all respondents would consider changing companies if the new company had fewer manual processes
RPA has the potential to make a big impact in this area, in particular. This is because RPA removes the processes that employees find the most frustrating. RPA has the potential to make work more meaningful and rewarding for employees by cutting out everything that is rote and repetitive about work.
The growth of RPA investment has driven extraordinary outcomes for many businesses. A Deloitte Global RPA Survey found that organizations have enjoyed enormous benefits from RPA, with respondents reporting that it, “meet[s] and exceed[s] expectations across multiple dimensions including: improved compliance (92%), improved quality/accuracy (90%), improved productivity (86%), cost reduction (59%).”
Examples of robotic process automation
At Nintex, we aim to make automation as easy as possible for our customers, and so provide ready-made templates to help you get results faster. Here are our most downloaded RPA Botflows™ templates from the Nintex Solution Accelerator Gallery, highlighting examples of robotic process automation in action.
The Nintex Solution Accelerator Gallery provides pre-built workflows and templates which give you the structure and procedure for carrying out automations. It couldn’t be quicker or easier to streamline monotonous tasks and break down complex processes into achievable steps.
Here are the three most downloaded accelerator templates for RPA this past year.
- Web Browser Loop Example – RPA bots can gather data from a webpage and populate this in spreadsheets, for instance in an Excel workbook. Not only does this speed up the processes, but it removes the risks of human error.
- Loop Excel Example – This botflow lets users loop through rows in an Excel spreadsheet, removing the rote and repetitive nature of organizing and searching data. This way your teams can get more value from spreadsheets by automating the processes that govern them.
- Executive Dashboard Sample – With this accelerator template you can create charts and graphs seamlessly. Visibility over data is key to success. If you cannot visualize data in a way that makes it easy to understand, then you won’t be able to gain actionable insights. RPA bots can achieve this more accurately than humans ever could, and are reliable in high stakes scenarios, such as for time-sensitive work or when handling personal data.
How Nintex helps
The Nintex Platform not only provides robotic process automation solutions, but delivers the complete package of automation solutions—from document generation and workflow automation to RPA.
The growth of RPA is no surprise to us. Nintex has been leading the way with low-code and easy-to-use RPA programs. With Nintex’s RPA Botflows™ you can set up any botflow and automate every workflow with simple drag and drop functionality. Not only is this a great way to accelerate digital transformation, but it helps to make work more valuable, rewarding, and enjoyable for your employees.
To learn more about the growth of RPA, how it can help your business, and to see more examples of robotic process automation, get in contact with the Nintex team today.