Senior Software Engineer (Permanent, full-time)Kuala Lumpur
Nintex is a world leader in Process Management and Automation and we have been recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in many of our office locations across the globe.
We collaborate with over 50% of the Fortune 500 globally with 10,000+ customers across 90 countries using the Nintex Platform to accelerate their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimising business processes.
Not only do we have a state-of-the-art SaaS platform that improves the way people work, we're also committed to providing an inclusive and nurturing environment for all our employees.
Please note – due to the effects of COVID-19 we are all (Nintex globally) working from home at this time. Once we get to a point where it’s safe for us to return to the office, we’d love to see you there. Until then, you’ll need to be ready and able to work remotely!
About the Team:
Our Malaysian office is one of our main engineering hubs; bringing together talented technical experts to develop the next generation of the Nintex platform. We offer an exceptional working culture and state of the art office space that we're all excited to return to, with KL Sentral train station right on our doorstep.
You’ll collaborate with fellow developers and testers in KL, have the chance to work with other global teams, and gain exposure to technologies that will help advance your skillset and career progression.
About the Role:
This role is responsible for ensuring the development of high-quality products & services, delivered on time and to acceptance criteria. A Senior Engineer is an effective communicator, has solid knowledge of and is passionate about technology and engineering practices and benefits they can bring users. The Senior Engineer is an active participant in technical leadership within the team and demonstrates ownership and technical excellence for projects and work they are tasked with.
- Participate in the technical design and development of Nintex products & services
- Participate actively in agile development cycle meetings
- Design, code, and unit test components and features that can be released / deployed through automation.
- Participate in technical discussions and ensure mutual outcomes that align with the product strategy.
- Actively liaise and collaborate within the team to ensure quality features are produced including reviewing code and architectural designs
- Follow and contribute to all department and team processes and procedures
- Identify and drive improvements to the codebase quality including opportunities for automation, reduction of code brittleness and ensuring low technical debt
- Work with other developers to foster internal technical knowledge sharing and reuse across the organisation.
- Participate in technical and team interviews as directed and provide clear input into the decision- making process. This includes representing Nintex both online and in the wider community
- Research, promote, drive and track the success of technical innovation and be an agent of change within the team
- Represent team as a subject matter expert in your product, service, or technology
- With the focus on technology, coach and mentor the team in partnership with the Delivery Manager
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- A passion for following SOLID principles and unit testing
- Exposure to SaaS Cloud Product Development and Microservices Architectures
- Ability to identify the technical and organisational impacts of a design or architectural design decision. Additionally, can communicate reasoning and weighting of recommendations
- Understanding of and previous experience implementing OOP principles of inheritance, composition, encapsulation, cohesion, polymorphism, and design patterns
- Mentorship/Leadership experience
- Agile Development experience
- Architecture knowledge
How we operate:
Here at Nintex we all follow three core tenets to ensure we operate a highly successful and collaborative business:
- We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality every time…..on time.
- We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
- We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and, we will do it the right way.
At Nintex, we thrive on helping our customers and partners succeed as they leverage the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people work worldwide, as every organisation needs what we provide. We have a highly collaborative culture where we focus on success through team efforts.
Unleash your potential with Nintex. Apply today!