Principal DevOps EngineerMelbourne
Principal DevOps Engineer
We have a very special opportunity at Nintex! We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer to join our fast paced and growing Engineer team - This is an opportunity to use your knowledge of industry best practices to be part of defining the future direction of product and platform delivery at Nintex. This role will need to collaborate with teams in a variety of time zones and requires strong communication, mentoring and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders (both internal and external).
You will join the team responsible for supporting and empowering engineering teams to reliably build, deploy and monitor the Nintex platform. The Principal DevOps Engineer will be focused on these three key components:
- You will help to further enhance the value of visibility and effectiveness of our DevOps practice.
- You are able to find the right balance between being tactical vs strategic
- Democratise DevOps capabilities across Nintex – Help the DevOps practice transition from expertise to enablement!
- Strong technical skills and experience with cloud infrastructure at scale in Azure
- Extensive experience managing container orchestration platforms in a global SAAS platform (we use Azure Kubernetes Service)
- A proven track record of end-to-end ownership of technical work: designing solutions and bringing others along in their implementation.
- Clear and considerate communicator, able to express robust opinions, and reason about and synthesise contrasting opinions and other points of view,
- Experience with coaching and mentoring, ideally across multiple teams. We have a growing DevOps graduate program and are pretty excited about it!
What we’d like to see in you:
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Senior DevOps Engineer or Principal Engineer in an Azure Production Environment
- Experience with CI/CD at scale, particularly pipelines as code we use Azure pipelines and will be exploring Github actions in the near future.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, our preference is to use ARM templates at this stage.
- Strong PowerShell (or other) scripting languages, we also use bash
- Container technologies: Docker & Kubernetes and experience working in a Linux environment – we use Azure Kubernetes Service
A bonus if you have knowledge of:
- SOC2, FedRAMP or ISO27001 compliance frameworks
- Event Sourcing Patterns and Observability at scale
- Network design (Hub and Spoke or similar)
Nintex is the world leader in Intelligent Process Automation. Ranked as one of 2019's "Best Places to Work" we're committed to providing an inclusive environment for all of our employees. More than 8,000 clients across 90 countries use the Nintex Platform to accelerate their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimising business processes.
Everyone who works at Nintex follow three core tenets to ensure we operate a highly successful and collaborative business:
- We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality every time…..on time. -
- We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
- We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and, we will do it the right way.
At Nintex, we thrive on helping our customers and partners succeed as they leverage the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people worldwide work as every organization needs what we provide. We have a highly collaborative culture where we focus on success through team efforts.