The HR department has one of the broadest reaches in any organization, boasting a high volume of processes and company-wide policies that touch everyone in the business.
It’s estimated that HR departments spend 50% of their time processing employee information and 40% of their time re-entering data from one system to another or doing other administrative tasks.
Why improve HR processes?
With digital workflow automation, HR can streamline process and better use the limited department resources.
Improve employee onboarding and off boarding
Onboarding new employees is often a time-consuming process involving multiple steps, including approving salaries, signing contracts, provisioning IT systems and training new hires. Use Nintex workflows to:
- Unify management of mailboxes, active directories, user-groups and external systems
- Assign software licenses to employees, significantly reducing IT support tickets
- Schedule reminder notifications for IT/ HR to set up work stations and schedule orientation sessions
- Generate and manage electronic documents and integrate them with e-signatures
- Access/publish documents to or from HR, payroll and accounting systems
Manage annual performance reviews
Lengthy performance reviews can be streamlined through Nintex Workflow to reduce completion time, improve visibility of the review process and ensure HR policy compliance. Use digital workflows to:
- Integrate e-signatures with standardized Nintex forms to automate sign-off and document employee feedback
- Maintain all reviews and track full audit trail including document versions and approval history
- Automatically schedule workflows to set notifications and reminders to expedite reviews
- Integrate with HRIS and payroll systems to automate wage computation and bonus distribution
Streamline leave requests
Paper-based, manual leave requests increase administrative overhead and may result in regulatory noncompliance and lost productivity because of unscheduled absences. Use digital workflow automation to:
- Schedule alerts and use the LazyApproval feature to expedite approvals
- Create and maintain a centralized calendar of all leave approvals and schedules
- Integrate with HRIS and payroll systems to automate time-off adjustments
Streamline the employee recruiting process by automatically posting job descriptions to multiple job boards, manage resumes and cover letters in a central repository and schedule interview loops. Use workflow automation to:
- Automatically schedule interviews in Outlook. Set notifications and reminders to expedite the hiring process.
- Integrate with websites, social media, and job boards to automate publishing and management of job postings.
- Improve data capture on standardized forms for the interviewing team. Allow employees to only access information that is relevant to them ensuring HR compliance.
Try the Nintex platform for free and see how quickly you can save time and money. Start creating workflows today.