Engineering ManagerRemote - US
You want to change how work gets done. We’re here to help you make that happen. We improve the way people work through process management and automation. Since the company’s founding in 2006, our employees have helped customers and partners worldwide accelerate business results by digitally transforming workflows – thereby improving how people work.
About the role:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the development and on-time delivery of all technical aspects of a Product (or part thereof), in accordance with the Product plan, which should meet or exceed Nintex’s quality standards.
Engineering Managers work in partnership with Product Managers and are responsible for maintaining the product backlog, iteration planning, communicating stakeholder requests and managing the ongoing development of team members.
Your contribution will be:
- Ensure your team writes correct code (e.g., C#, NodeJS, semantic HTML, pipeline YAML, etc.), following Nintex standards, guidance, and training materials.
- Know the core concepts in the Service Reliability strategy and manage your team’s services to SLOs and SLIs.
- Work closely with Product Management and User Experience Designers to define required product features and behavior in detail, sufficient to create the required design, resourcing, and development plans.
- Monitor new code and designs to identify where test coverage needs adjustment. Make sure that the test requirements are met and integrated into pipelines appropriately.
- Gather and assess all the relevant input to make quality, durable decisions
- Champion quality, making sure it is a priority in your team and across projects.
- Follow security best practices, oversee the creation of secure code, and lead teams in threat modeling.
- Understand and run your team according to agile principles and use data (velocity, burn down, etc.) to track status and improve team performance.
- Maintain unobstructed vision of the risk factors in your workload including the amount of change introduced, cross-discipline developments, cross-product integrations, or the introduction of new development tools and methodologies.
- Proactively raise any risks or foreseeable changes to previously communicated schedules.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to initiatives that reduce and standardize tooling to streamline our processes, “ways of working” and reduce overhead.
- Collaborate with Product Management to prioritize user stories in line with the product roadmap and to plan product release timelines.
- Oversee the development of all product features in your domain in a manner that meets delivery commitments.
- You play your assigned role in the Incident Management process, including contributing where your technical and problem-solving skills apply, and also creating space for your staff to engage as the incident’s impact level requires.
- Coach, support, and enable team members in achieving personal growth and career objectives.
- Lead by example by promoting and embodying Nintex’s values.
- Conduct effective team workforce planning and forecasting.
- Create training plans collaboratively with your team members to produce the skill sets required in the relevant domains.
- Lead hiring cycles and contribute to designing the organizational hiring process.
To be successful we think you need:
- A solid command and understanding of C#
- The ability to apply modern design and architecture principles to deliver clean, testable, and maintainable code
How we operate:
Everyone who works at Nintex follow three core tenets to ensure we operate a highly successful and collaborative business:
- We deliver on our commitments. We focus on a few key priorities and ensure we deliver with quality every time…..on time.
- We don’t wait. If we see an issue, we fix it. If we see an opportunity to accelerate our success, we take it.
- We operate with respect and consideration. We will move fast and deliver…and, we will do it the right way.
At Nintex, we thrive on helping our customers and partners succeed as they leverage the industry’s best process management and automation capabilities to digitally transform a wide range of business processes. Every employee that joins Nintex is presented with a massive market opportunity to help improve the way people worldwide work as every organization needs what we provide. We have a highly collaborative culture where we focus on success through team efforts.
Unleash your potential. Apply today.
Nintex participates in E-Verify for work authorization. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.