Digital transformation continues to be a hot topic for organizations across every industry. Planning and implementing a digital transformation strategy is essential in order to compete in today’s market.
In today’s post, we’ll look at how intelligent Workflow and Content Automation (WCA) or Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) is a key driver of a successful digital transformation strategy.
Aragon Research CEO Jim Lundy and Nintex CMO Matt Fleckenstein, in a recent webinar, discussed the importance of intelligent WCA/IPA in a broader digital transformation narrative and gave participants:
- An overview of key digital business trends,
- The evolution of intelligent content management and workflow technology, and
- How businesses can digitize their content processes to improve customer journeys.
Start Today: Automate One Process, Then Another
Putting off your company’s digital transformation only gives your competitors a chance to get ahead. There is no time like the present.
To begin, Lundy says to start by automating your content processes. Platforms which combine workflow and content automation capabilities with process analytics are designed to easily improve how work gets done and processes are run – making them a natural fit for discussions on how to bring people, documents, and workflows together.
When it comes to determining which processes to automate first using new forms of intelligence, identify a process that, if automated and optimized, would save your employees and business more time, improve customer satisfaction, or positively influence your bottom line.
The New Era of Workflow/Intelligent Process Automation
As companies look to automate manual or paper-based processes, Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) technologies are designed to give organizations new levels of intelligence to achieve desired outcomes.
When investing in an enterprise-grade IPA portfolio, make sure you find solutions that can meet these six core capabilities:
- Advanced workflow – Automate any business process without writing a line of code.
- Document generation – Create consistent and up-to-date documents in one click.
- Mobile apps and forms – Use your mobile device and forms to collect vital data easily from wherever you are, online or offline.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – Automate the most repetitive processes so your employees have more time with higher value tasks.
- Process intelligence – Understand the success or failure of your automated processes so you can constantly find ways to improve how your business runs.
- Machine intelligence – Optimize your tasks automatically with machine learning and natural language processing and make your business processes more effective and efficient.
For additional insights, watch our March webinar on-demand to learn more about the role IPA can play in the race to digital transformation.