Information Technology (IT) Workflow Scenarios
With Nintex business process automation solutions, you can easily design and manage typical IT processes like help desk requests or managing hardware and software inventory.
Why improve IT processes?
IT staff is responsible for keeping a business running so it’s no surprise that process management and IT go hand in hand. Disorganized or labor-intensive IT processes can impact security, decrease productivity and frustrate end users. By enhancing IT processes, companies can save significant time and resources, and reap benefits including:
Manage help desk requests
Productivity suffers when employees can’t connect to a network, experience hardware or software issues, or have some sort of tech support problem. The success of an IT help desk is frequently measured by the speed and quality of its service request management. Automating help desk service requests, including the escalation of requests to appropriate parties, can streamline the help desk and customer support processes, expedite resolution, improve productivity and reduce security risks. With the Nintex Workflow Platform, you can:
- Capture required information and automatically set notifications keep requests moving
- Route requests, using digital workflow automation, to the correct technician or escalate overdue tickets
- Integrate with knowledge bases to provide faster and more accurate responses
- Integrate with ITIL/IT service management systems to ensure IT policy compliance
Manage and track IT assets from acquisition to disposal
Use the Nintex Workflow Platform to track IT assets throughout their lifetime.
IT asset management is an important part of a company’s strategy because it helps organizations manage their systems more effectively and avoid unnecessary purchases. By knowing what assets you have, where they are and who’s using them, IT can control the asset inventory across the enterprise network and make decisions about hardware and software purchases and redistribution. With the Nintex Workflow Platform, you can:
- Create self-service portals
- Automatically assign/recycle licenses and hardware resources to different users
- Create reports and views on current asset usage, updates and more
- Schedule workflows to track firmware/software updates, resource usage and warranty expirations
Provision user accounts
User account provisioning is a business process for creating and managing access to resources in an IT system. For companies looking to lower the administrative burdens of account management and reduce risk, automated digital workflows can ensure all required approvals are received before granting users access to an application or data. With the Nintex Workflow Platform you can:
- Easily add or delete user accounts for employees who are joining or leaving the company
- Create forms that capture all required data
- Keep a full audit trail of user account access
- Route provisioning requests to the correct approver
Try the Nintex platform for free and see how quickly you can save time and money. Start creating workflows today.