Since we launched Workflow Wonders in August of 2020, we’ve featured customers using nearly every capability of the Nintex Process Platform. From our very first guest Williams Engineering Canada using Nintex Workflow, and Nintex Mobile, to Midland States Bank using Nintex Workflow Cloud and Nintex RPA, and the City of Hobart using Nintex Promapp®, to Meals on Wheels Central Texas using Nintex Drawloop DocGen® for Salesforce.
This month’s Workflow Wonders was especially exciting as we got to welcome our first customer in the series who is leveraging our recently acquired K2 Software products to automate processes and to save money. Nick Williams, Head of Digital Workplace at Flight Centre Travel Group, joined Workflow Wonders to share how his company has been leveraging Nintex K2 Cloud for automation, and the critical role Nintex K2 Cloud has played in helping Flight Centre navigate COVID-19 and its impact on the travel industry.
The need for automation at Flight Centre
The team at Flight Centre recognized that many business challenges can be resolved with intelligent automation. If the question is why automate, here’s why:
- Accuracy – by standardizing processes to reduce avoidable mistakes
- Effort – avoiding excessive, manual steps slowing work down
- Consistency – ability to pick the best approach and repeat
- Speed – removing bottlenecks
- Visibility – into process status for contributors and stakeholders
- Cost – scaling with technology is more cost-effective than scaling with people
And as Williams said, “people are happier when the mundane and boring work is done for them.” =
In March of 2020, the travel industry was turned upside down. Airlines were grounding a majority of their fleets. Airports were empty. And many people were requesting refunds for their travel plans. Flight Centre used Nintex K2 Cloud to adapt quickly – such as automating processes for refunding and rescheduling client travel arrangements.
The Flight Centre team used Nintex K2 Cloud to collaborate quickly knowing they can’t be competitive as a business if still they’re heavily reliant on paper-based processes. At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Williams and his team spun up automated solutions to address the changing travel landscape.
Key automation projects at Flight Centre
- Cancellations & credit request due to COVID. As travel restrictions grew, Flight Centre needed customers to be able to manage their own travel arrangements. The solution integrated Nintex K2 Cloud with Fresh Desk – where agents could communicate to the customer and all activity could be recorded for better case management.
- Contact tracing for COVID exposure alerts. Williams and his team built a solution integrating Nintex K2 Cloud with Facebook Workplace and The Bot – so staff and visitors can check-in through a mobile app to be alerted if they’ve been exposed to COVID-19. Since launch, 140 COVID positive cases have been managed through the company’s automated contact tracing solution.
- Customer engagement program. Flight Centre uses an internal technology called HUB for its corporate customers, which stores a traveler’s profile (including personal preferences, credit card number, and identification documents) in a secure environment so travel agents don’t have to ask clients questions they’ve already been asked, instead, the information is stored in a central location. Using Nintex K2 Cloud they’ve automated their HUB builds, which were previously 100% manual, to save an estimated $160,000.
Read more about Flight Centre’s automated solutions in recent part 1 and part 2 blog posts. Or read the case study to learn more about how Nintex K2 Cloud has supported Flight Centre through COVID-19 and beyond.
What’s next for Workflow Wonders
Seven months and 11 episodes later, it’s time for a brief break from Workflow Wonders while we focus on bringing you our biggest virtual event yet. Stay tuned for an announcement coming next month with more details.
Workflow Wonders will return in June 2021, with more inspiring Nintex customer success stories. Until then, catch up on all 11 episodes on-demand now.
Interested in trying out the Nintex Process Platform for yourself? Request a live demo today!