The sales process is perhaps one of the most important processes in your business. It sets out a standardized experience for your customers and a roadmap for your sales team to follow. Sales processes are often misunderstood as being rigid playbooks that must be followed down to a T. The modern sales process is more flexible, yet more complex.
When you automate sales processes, you can improve the efficiency of your sales teams by streamlining complex manual tasks and removing laborious, time-intensive rote tasks. This can free up sales execs to focus on more valuable work, such as speaking to prospects. Let’s look at the top sales processes to automate and the benefits of taking this approach.
The benefits of process automation for the sales department
Process automation can be used to make almost any stage of the sales process more efficient. The benefits of automating these processes include:
- Faster service for customers – Automated processes are triggered by certain actions immediately, so your employees aren’t left waiting around for the next step in the process. They can get straight to the customer with an answer, a contract, or sales materials.
- No human error – Invoices and other documentation can be automatically generated using existing data including accurate customer information, so no manual work needs to be done.
- Lower workload for sales team – With long repetitive tasks taken care of, your sales team can focus on the high-value tasks that bring in more customers.
- Getting paid faster – With automated invoices and follow-ups, you won’t be left chasing payments, nor will your finance and sales teams have to arm-wrestle over who must do it.
The top 5 sales processes to automate now
- Lead scoring – Manually scoring leads is time consuming, and frankly there are hundreds of better ways to spend your team’s time. Automating lead scoring means that leads are categorized automatically, and you can set up specific personalized workflows to nurture each.
- Email follow-ups – Keeping track of which customers have been contacted, how many times they’ve been contacted, and what they’ve been sent can become confusing. If you’re dealing with this manually you also run the risk of sending the wrong prospect or customer an email that isn’t intended for them. Automating means that this is all taken care of and that prospects are nurtured through the process, only being introduced to a sales team member at the most opportune time.
- Verifying identity – An automated identity verification process won’t just save time in comparison to a manual one, it will likely be more accurate and secure too. Having a set process for verifying identities also helps your organization to manage compliance with data security laws.
- Revising contracts – Changes to a sales contract, for either the customer or the vendor are easy to overlook. Creating automated triggers that alert the sales team to changes or remind your organization to update customers on new terms help to keep you favourable in the eyes of your customers.
- Invoicing – As covered in the benefits section, automating invoices reduces the risk of human error and speeds up the final stages of the sales process. It also means that invoices can be sent out faster, reducing the time it takes for you to get paid and for the customer to start using your products or services.
It’s all very well knowing where and when to automate these top sales processes, but the real question is how? If you are new to process automation or find it hard to make time to plan out complex processes, there is a solution that may be perfect for you: ready-made automation templates. These are put together by experts and contain a process template that acts as a map for what to automate. At Nintex, we provide our customers with templates to help them automate their processes, called Solution Accelerator Templates.
What are Solution Accelerator Templates?
We offer prebuilt mapping and automation templates, with the view of speeding up and optimizing your existing processes, or completely replacing them with ready-made ones from our Solution Accelerator Template Gallery. You can use them to build more efficient ways to deal with different stages of the sales process.
Here are three of the top sales processes templates in terms of downloads:
Manage the sales order process from creating the order to shipping the product, including goods for export.
Review and update an existing contract, including changes from both sales and customers.
Outline the manual and automated steps for an organization to onboard and verify the identity of a new customer.
Discover more from our Solution Accelerator Template Gallery. As well as being home to the top sales processes, there’s customer service templates, finance and legal templates, HR templates, and many more to explore.
Looking for more help with process automation for your sales department?
Nintex provides the full range of process automation solutions to ensure organizations can drive digital transformation across the entire line of business. We offer workflow automation, robotic process automation, document generation, modern forms, advanced analytics, and much more. With Nintex, you can innovate and automate to create fully optimized processes throughout your organization.
To learn more about how we can help your organization with process automation for the sales department, get in contact with the Nintex team today. Or discover how you can use Nintex to supercharge digital transformation.