For this Q&A blog, we caught up with Yana Tumanova from the Nintex HR team based out of New Zealand. Yana played a huge role in the culture and management of our Auckland office and was recently promoted to the global HR operations team.
In her time at Nintex, Yana has contributed to really great programs around mental wellness, team events, community service, blood drives, and beyond. We’re excited to see what Yana does in the future.
We asked Yana 17 questions and shared them below.
- What is your role at Nintex?
I am a global HR operations specialist.
- Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
I finished four and a half years at university and went to look for my first ‘proper’ job. I started off as an office coordinator and worked my way to my current role.
- What does an ideal day off of work look like for you?
Start the morning off nice and early with my friends at a spin class followed by a nice café breakfast and a walk with my partner and fur child. Then of course some relaxing and unwinding during the day. Then a social get-together in the evening with a cheese platter and cocktails.
- Where is home for you?
I was born in Russia and moved to New Zealand when I was 7 years old. New Zealand is home for me.
- What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
Process-led culture really makes a difference in how you understand and use your processes, but it must be driven from the top otherwise you’ll end up having silos of people doing it really well and other groups not doing it at all (or doing it badly) so you won’t receive the full benefit.
- If you could go to university tomorrow, what would you like to study?
I would love to have studied law, so if I went back to university, I would do that.
- Would you rather have a cat or a dog as a pet?
I would rather have a dog. I currently have a 1-year-old Cavoodle, Archie. He’s a mix between a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a Poodle. I am a little bit obsessed.
- Would you rather live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods?
On the beach! Although I am not a fan of swimming as much, I love laying in the sun and getting my tan on.
- Do you like working from home or would you rather be in the office?
It is good to have the option, but my preference is working from home. Skipping the commute and being in the company of my dog is a huge perk of the remote working life!
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Mexican food! Although I can’t do very spicy.
- What do you like most about your job?
Definitely the people I work with!
- What would you like to be famous for?
I would like to be famous for helping people.
- Would you rather be able to fly or know any language on earth?
This is a hard one, but I would choose to know any language on earth!
- What’s your favorite TV series, and why?
Money Heist. Great actors and an exciting storyline.
- What have you been daydreaming about lately?
Being out of lockdown and enjoying a big catch-up with my friends and family at a nice restaurant.
- Best vacation you’ve taken and why?
Bali! I have been to Bali three times and absolutely love the culture and places there.
- Would you rather go to the movie theater or stay in and watch Netflix?
Stay in bed and watch Netflix.
That’s all for this Q&A with Yana Tumanova. Join Yana and the rest of the Nintex team by visiting our open jobs. Click here to apply.