We are with Thomas Rice for this employee Q&A catch-up. Thomas’ superpower would be to read minds, and he’d like to be famous for motivational speaking, which shines through with his favorite movie quote from Rocky Balboa “Nothin’ is real if you don’t believe in who you are.”
We use our Q&A blog series to find out a bit more about the team and what life at Nintex is like. Thomas is fairly new to Nintex and joined because he could see a fit with the company’s vision and his own. He is all about taking the time to listen to people’s goals and helping to achieve positive outcomes through technology.
1. What is your role at Nintex?
Strategic Partner Manager.
2. Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
Ross Zboralski reached out to me directly and spoke about the vision of the team and the company. It made sense with the path of my career and here I am.
3. How long have you been with Nintex?
4. What has been your favorite moment at Nintex so far?
Starting a process to be part of a huge RFP that was brought in by a partner that I brought into the eco-system.
5. What does an ideal work day look like for you?
Closing deals, building relationships, helping people strive to meet their goals and supporting my eco-system.
6. Where is home for you?
This is an interesting question. Home is where your heart lies and what makes me happy is being a support system and helping people strive and hit goals. If we are talking about location, then I am in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
7. What are your favorite activities?
Activities that I enjoy include sporting events, working out, podcasting, streaming, and speaking to the youth about excelling regardless of what your environment is.
8. What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
Always be transparent and allow Nintex to adjust to support your requirements prior to making decisions. When you are in the process of trying to identify next steps, be vocal.
9. What is your favorite food?
Pasta or wings.
10. What are you most proud of about your career to date?
There was a woman at an agency that spoke to me about how much time she was spending on her manual process. She was spending roughly 70 hours a week just to maintain her environment. She was missing her children’s games, she didn’t have an even work-life balance, and she couldn’t keep up with her health which was causing issues.
I was able to find a solution that fit her environment and alleviate the pressure of her job. When it was all said and done, she was able to reduce her hours of work to 35 hours a week. She was so happy when we met for lunch a year later – she had tears of joy because I was able to help her get back to her family.
One of my favorite quotes from here was “You listened, you actually listened.”
11. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Crispy wings (Honey Old Bay)
12. What would you choose as a superpower and why?
Ability to read minds. There are things that people are afraid to say when we are trying to move through the sales process. With the ability to read minds, it would allow me to secure more deals while adapting to concerns that people may not say in the open.
13. What is your favorite book?
How to win friends and influence people.
14. What do you like most about your job?
Building relationships with new people and companies.
15. What would you tell your 20-year-old self?
I know you are frustrated with where you are but push through and don’t allow it to get to you.
16. What would you like to be famous for?
17. If given a chance, who would you like to spend a day with?
I would like to have the opportunity to speak to Bob Marley and Martin Luther King Jr.
18. What is your favorite movie or binge series and why?
Remember the Titans. It shows a great value of two different perspectives and goals initially and how when you stop and listen to both sides you can come to terms and fight for the bigger goal.
19. What is your favorite line from a movie?
Rocky Ballboa: “Nothin’ is real if you don’t believe in who you are.”
20. What is one thing you can’t live without?
That’s all for this Q&A with Thomas. Find out more about what it’s like working at Nintex and take a look at our current opportunities by clicking here.