We asked Rhys 18 questions and shared the responses below.
1. What is your role at Nintex?
I am an account manager working with Nintex AssureSign® customers.
2. Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
I joined Nintex when it acquired AssureSign in June 2021. I was the a manager of the sales team and played a key role during the transition process.
3. What has been your favorite moment at Nintex so far?
My favorite part of Nintex so far has been meeting my new team – the account management team. I have never been welcomed to a new team quite like this. Everyone went out of their way to onboard and train me for the new role. It really highlighted the core values of this company.
4. What does an ideal day-off from work look like for you?
I get joy out of the simple things in life. I like to prioritize family and friends. An ideal day off could include golf, taking my pet boxer for a walk, and listening to vinyl records in my office to recharge.
5. Where is home for you?
I live in the best city in the world, Atlanta.
6. What is the best part about where you live right now?
I could write a whole essay on how much I love this city, but the main highlights are the people, weather, and the Atlanta Braves.
7. What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
The best advice would be to ask questions and to continue to educate themselves on the platform. Nintex has a very diverse and growing platform that can assist in almost any business process. I believe the coolest part of Nintex is the ability to grow its platform alongside the customer, it really is a true partnership.
8. What is your favorite food?
I love barbeque. There is nothing like a rack of ribs that has been smoked for 5 hours.
9. If you could go to university tomorrow, what would you like to study?
I would like to study Zoology as I have a love for all animals.
10. If you had a crystal ball, what do you predict the automation market will look like in 5 years?
I believe that robotic process automation and process mining will be at the forefront. This portion of our business is evolving at a rapid rate.
11. Would you rather cook dinner or have dinner cooked for you?
My fiancée is a fantastic cook and since I do not know how to cook other than off of a grill or smoker, I would rather dinner be cooked for me.
12. What was your first job ever?
My first job ever was bussing tables at a breakfast restaurant. This taught me hard work and how to work/talk with customers.
13. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish.
14. Would you rather live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods?
Cabin in the woods. The mountains seem to calm me and I also do not like when sand gets in the bed.
15. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. British style humor mixed with science fiction is my ideal combination for entertainment.
16. What does a typical day look like for you?
I start my day with a 30-minute workout and a 10-minute meditation session. Being a morning person, I prefer my daily meetings to be in the morning. In the afternoon, I will of course take meetings as well, but this time is primarily for administrative tasks and client outreach. I will end the day with next day preparation and then family time with limited screen time (on cell phones, email, etc.)
17. What are tips for dealing with overwhelm?
This is a topic I have done a lot of research on. Meditation, yoga, and breathing techniques help with short term anxiety. For long term anxiety, it helps to prioritize the important things in life like friends and family. Once these are prioritized and in order, everything else (like career) will naturally come easier.
18. What is your favorite experience with a Nintex customer?
Most of my portfolio is Nintex AssureSign® customers —after coming over to Nintex through the acquisition, so my favorite part has been educating and helping these customers on how Nintex can take their business to the next level. Since I am relatively new to Nintex, the customer and I are on an educational journey together and this has been a blast.
That’s all for this Nintex Q&A article with Rhys Rogers. We’re always hiring. Join Rhys and the rest of our global team here.