For this Q&A article, we caught up with Pierre Thiemele from the Nintex account management team based out of London. “Funny” and “determined” are a couple common words that Pierre’s teammates use to describe his character. His humor shines through some of his answers to the questions posed to him – see Pierre’s responses to 27 questions below.
1. What is your role at Nintex?
I am a team lead on the Nintex account management team.
2. Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
I moved to London in 2015 to complete a Masters in Music Management, and started looking for work opportunities that would be compatible with living comfortably in London. From the first interview I had, I felt like Nintex was a company where I could maintain my creativity and apply it in a growing and lucrative industry.
3. What has been your favorite moment at Nintex so far?
I’ve had several so it’s hard to narrow it down to one. But if I really had to pick, I’d say having two team members who exceeded their bookings target in my first year leading the team.
4. What does an ideal day-off of work look like for you?
A run in the morning followed by a copious breakfast. French toast is the perfect start to any day. Then later I’d be fine with either going to the movies or playing basketball. Then dinner and a drink with my fiancée and friends. Or just binge on an HBO drama.
5. Where is home for you?
Where the wi-fi connects instantly. 😊 More seriously, Abidjan in the Ivory Coast where my parents live, and Paris, France where I grew up and most of my friends still reside.
6. What is the best part about where you live right now?
The best part about London is the blend of cultures and the different type of people you get to meet – that trickles down to the activities, restaurants, fashion styles etc. There is never a dull moment in London.
7. What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
Buy more – every product in the Nintex suite will provide massive value if the right person leverages it.
8. If you could go to university tomorrow, what would you like to study?
Again? I wouldn’t. 😄
9. What are you looking forward to about Nintex ProcessFest 2022?
News about the direction we’re taking as a newly-funded company.
10. If you had a crystal ball, what do you predict the automation market will look like in 5 years?
A bunch of algorithms analyzing, doing process discovery and mapping, and suggesting AI-created workflows that we did not know we needed and also how to optimize them.
11. Would you rather cook dinner or have dinner cooked for you?
Gluttony being the only capital sin I live by, I would do both.
12. What was your first job ever?
Selling video games during breaks at university in Paris.
13. Would you rather have a cat or a dog as a pet?
A Doberman to be specific.
14. Would you rather live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods?
JayZ said the “Beach is better” in 2013.
15. What would you choose as a superpower and why?
Teleportation, because I’d be rich if I didn’t have to pay for all these plane and train tickets. This would also give me more time with my family.
16. What’s your coolest experience with an animal?
Feeding a banana to an elephant when I was a kid.
17. Would you rather have a million dollars in pennies or a million dollars worth of ice cream?
Does anyone really pick ice cream? 😄
18. Do you like working from home or would you rather be in the office?
I would prefer to have a mixture of both.
19. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I like food too much to choose just one.
20. You find a suitcase of money on your hike through the wilderness, what do you do?
What suitcase? 😊
21. How do you define a good work-life balance?
“Find a job you like and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
22. What would an alternative line of work be for you?
I would choose the music industry – running my own label.
23. Any favorite line from a movie?
“If you are good at something, never do it for free!” – The Joker, the Dark Knight, 2008
24. Best vacation you’ve taken and why?
Indonesia with my fiancée in 2017. It was our first time traveling that far from home, but the people in Indonesia were extremely nice and not to mention the landscape which was simply amazing. There was a combination of ocean and beaches along with volcanos and mountainous terrain.
25. Do you have a favorite sport?
26. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
My friends would probably say LaKeith Stanfield and I wouldn’t mind that either.
27. If you could witness any historical event what would it be and why?
The Lakers winning game 7 of the NBA finals in 2010 at the Staples Center. Mainly to witness Kobe Bryant winning one last time.
That’s all for this Q&A with Pierre Thiemele. Join Pierre and the rest of the Nintex team by visiting our careers page.