We had a chance to connect with Erika Thayer for this Q&A article. The Q&A blog series is designed to highlight the great people who work at Nintex and all of the cool stuff they do – in and outside of the office.
Erika leads a team of five people as they focus primarily on Nintex acquiring new enterprise customers. We asked Erika 17 questions and shared her responses below.
- What is your role at Nintex?
I am the director of regional sales for North America and LATAM
- Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
I started here in December of 2020. A woman who worked for me years ago was one of our LinkedIn reps here. I researched Nintex, connected with a few people on the team, and decided I wanted to join.
- What has been your favorite moment at Nintex so far?
Witnessing someone on my team help a new enterprise customer understand, automate and optimize their business processes with the Nintex Process Platform. Watching that hard work pay off is very rewarding for all of us.
- What does an ideal day-off of work look like for you?
I would hang out with my family here on our farm. I love going to brunch, reading, and listening to podcasts.
- Where is home for you?
Yelm, WA is home but my roots are in Chicago.
- What is the best part about where you live right now?
A beautiful view of Mount Rainier.
- What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
- What is your favorite food?
Chocolate cake. Out here it’s Costco’s chocolate cake, to be specific. Back home in Chicago, there’s a place called Portillo’s that has a great chocolate cake shake. It’s worthy of a special trip when you’re in the city.
- If you could go to university tomorrow, what would you like to study?
I’m finishing up my MBA now, then I’m done with school forever.
- What are you looking forward to about Nintex ProcessFest® 2022?
I’m looking forward to networking with customers and prospects.
- What has been your favorite project of your career?
- Would you rather cook dinner or have dinner cooked for you?
I would prefer to have dinner cooked for me.
- What was your first job ever?
My first job was at the age of 14, detailing cars for $7 a car.
- What’s your go-to karaoke song?
I think I’ve done karaoke once, and it was either a Guns N’ Roses or a Salt N’ Pepa song.
- Would you rather have a cat or a dog as a pet?
Both! We have one dog who is a Great Pyrenees. We also have quite a few barn cats.
- What would you choose as a superpower and why?
To get somewhere faster and get a bird’s eye view. Years ago I went sky diving which is the closest I’ve been to flying, I suppose.
- What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is called The Stranger by Albert Camus. With a packed schedule these days, the rest of my reading is done via audiobooks.
That’s all for this Q&A article with Erika Thayer. You could join Erika and the rest of the Nintex team by visiting our careers page.