We asked Dmitry 23 questions and shared his responses below.
1. What is your role at Nintex?
I am a senior software engineer. I participate in the development of Nintex Promapp® and my primary focus is the process area – editing business process definitions, process variations, etc.
2. Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
Many years ago, I worked as a support engineer in a telecommunications company where business process automation (BPA) was widely used. It was my responsibility to look after the workflow systems. I saw then how effective automation could be. Thus, when an opportunity to join a business-process-related development team appeared, I applied and got the job.
3. What has been your favorite moment at Nintex so far?
There have been many. The prototype that we built as the first integration between Nintex Workflow Cloud and Nintex Promapp® that became a Nintex Workflow integration service, or, as it was nicknamed “Magic Button”. The presentation of it was a real joy. The moment when I saw UX mockups for checklist service, I realized the project that was based on my idea was becoming a reality.
4. What does an ideal day-off of work look like for you?
Riding my motorcycle somewhere far.
5. Where is home for you?
With my family.
6. What is the best part about where you live right now?
New Zealand is beautiful. It is a place for exploring, and a place for enjoying.
7. What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
Unlock the full potential of automation by leveraging the complete set of capabilities available on the Nintex Process Platform.
8. What is your favorite food?
Pan-fried sliced potatoes with grilled meat.
9. If you could go to university tomorrow, what would you like to study?
Business process management.
10. If you had a crystal ball, what do you predict the automation market will look like in 5 years?
AI will be involved in suggestion, implementation, and evolution of business processes.
11. Would you rather cook dinner or have dinner cooked for you?
It depends on my mood and circumstances. I like to cook, and I try different recipes from time to time.
12. Do you have any pets?
I have a bird. His name is Karl. He is my programming buddy.
13. What is your favorite book?
“The Master and Margarita” by Mikhail Bulgakov
14. Do you like working from home or would you rather be in the office?
I am an advocate of remote work when and where it is possible.
15. What do you like most about your job?
The ability to suggest ideas and implement them.
16. What does your reading list look like? (if you’re a reader 😊)
I am reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
17. What are tips for dealing with overwhelm?
Read books, listen to music, podcasts, going to gym, cycling, and motorcycling.
18. What kind of music do you gravitate to?
I like both heavy and classical music.
19. How do you define a good work-life balance?
I like to wake up with the thought that it is going to be a good and productive day. I like to finish my work hours with plans for the next business day, expectations for the rest of the day, and a sense of achievement when going to sleep.
20. Any favorite line from a movie?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
21. What have you been day-dreaming about lately?
My new idea for business process management.
22. If you could witness any historical event what would it be and why?
First human step on Mars.
23. What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
Hear more from Dmitry and some of his engineering peers in our new “We are Nintex Engineering” video.
That’s all for this Q&A with Dmitry Shuvaev. Join Dmitry and the rest of the team by clicking here.