For this Q&A article, we caught up with Alex Gowing who is a channel director based out of London.
Last month, Alex celebrated his one-year work anniversary with Nintex. We asked Alex 17 questions and shared his responses below.
- What is your role at Nintex?
I am a channel director for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Tell us a little bit about how you ended up at Nintex?
After 5 years working for a British tech start-up in the customer experience sector, I decided it was time for a change and a new challenge. The same week I made this mental leap I got a call from a headhunter about the role at Nintex. It was fate.
- What has been your favorite moment at Nintex so far?
Finally meeting some of my team face-to-face because I started at Nintex during the pandemic so I had not had the opportunity to meet any of them in the flesh. Grabbing some lunch outside in the sun after and getting to know each other in person, there is no substitute. We finally got a chance to do that this year.
- What does an ideal day off of work look like for you?
Walking my two dogs on a cold crisp autumn morning, followed by a long pub lunch, maybe a couple of glasses of wine later, and watching a movie with my family. That’s if we can find one that we can all agree on!
- Where is home for you?
I live in a market town called Farnham that’s one hour south of London.
- What is the best part about where you live right now?
Easy access into London and the major airports, great pubs, and beautiful countryside.
- What’s the best advice you could give to a Nintex customer?
Get to know your Nintex team and partners, they want to make you and your company really successful.
- If you could go to university tomorrow, what would you like to study?
Psychology (because it’s time to understand the theory behind my guesswork).
- What are you looking forward to about Nintex ProcessFest 2022 ®?
I may be biased, but last year was my first Nintex ProcessFest® and we saw so many brilliant partners across the world present powerful content about their customers’ success. Even though it was virtual they got to share some amazing insights on transformational projects and innovation. I’m really looking forward to even more in 2022.
- What’s your go-to karaoke song?
I swore I would never do karaoke, that was until I went to Tokyo and my first and last-ever performance was ‘Hey Jude’ by the Beatles. John Lennon turned in his grave that night.
- Would you rather have a cat or a dog as a pet?
A dog every time.
- What is your favorite book?
Shantaram by David Gregory Roberts. It’s nearly 1,000 pages but what a story, I couldn’t put it down.
- What are tips for dealing with overwhelm?
Take a deep breath, make a cup of tea, break things down into bite-sized pieces, tackle a few, have another cup of tea and things will be less overwhelming. Guaranteed.
- What would you like to be famous for?
The greatest football (soccer) coach.
- Last concert you went to and next concert you’d like to see
Supposed to see the Killers twice in the last two years, each time postponed due to the state of the world. I just got tickets to see Adele at Hyde Park in July, they are like gold dust.
- Do you have a favorite sport?
Football (soccer), all you need is a ball, open to anyone and everyone. The greatest game on earth.
- What are you looking forward to?
The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
That’s all for this Nintex employee spotlight Q&A with Alex Gowing. Join Alex and the rest of the team by visiting the Nintex careers page.