This week’s Microsoft Inspire conference—its annual worldwide partner confab—is a great chance for us to connect with our partners.
In each of our discussions and interactions, we get a chance to reflect on the wide array of transformational workflow and content automation solutions we’ve delivered for our mutual customers in the year since Worldwide Partner Conference 2016.
It’s truly inspiring to see all that’s possible with the Nintex Workflow Platform.
Nowhere was this more apparent than in the momentum our partners shared with us around our solutions for Microsoft Office 365: Nintex Workflow for Office 365 and Nintex Forms for Office 365.
“With Nintex for Office 365, we’re helping our clients leverage their cloud investment while transforming manual or paper-based processes into highly automated digital workflows. I’m continually impressed with how easy it is to meet our customers’ complex requirements using Nintex to implement innovative form and workflow solutions.”
– Tom Castiglia, Solution Architect / Director at Konica Minolta Business Solutions
Nintex for Office 365: Adoption and Growth
Since its introduction in September 2013, around the time Office 365 launched, Nintex for Office 365 has enjoyed strong adoption and usage growth in parallel with the uptake of SharePoint Online.
Our customers have executed tens of millions of workflows with Nintex for Office 365.
In just the last 12 months, the number of workflows that have run on Office 365 has tripled, and we’re on track to pass a big milestone—50 million workflow executions—in the coming months. The nearly 200,000 people who kicked off these workflows have benefited from the time savings, greater efficiencies, improved business impact, and agility that Nintex for Office 365 makes possible.
To put this into more interesting terms: Our data shows that each Nintex Workflow execution saves an organization an average of 3 minutes.
For businesses using Nintex for Office 365, this means they have collectively saved nearly 200 years. Talk about a significant gain in productivity!
Consider the U.S. based chemical manufacturer Buckman.
Striving to stay competitive while delivering excellent customer experience and controlling costs, Buckman used Nintex Workflow for Office 365 to save $800,000 in 2016 by automating critical sales processes.
“We can do so much with Nintex for Office 365, because it allows us to generate solutions quickly without needing to write code. We can get to a proof-of-concept in less than an hour. The accelerated time-to-benefit is a huge value-add that Nintex brings to the table.”
– Brent Ellis, IT Enterprise Services Manager
Similarly, Mitchells & Butlers —the U.K.’s largest restaurant operator—digitally transformed their business with Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms for Office 365 to eliminate the need to manually inspect more than three million pieces of paper per year.
“We had a paper form for checking dry stores that had an exhaustive list of check-off questions for the managers to work through. Now, that’s all gone. Without exception, every restaurant manager has been blown away. They really get it. They see how Nintex Forms benefits them.”
– Ian Cutler, Safety Assurance Manager, Mitchells & Butlers
With food and facility safety a top priority at the company’s 1,700 locations, their retail business managers have collectively saved 23,400 hours annually in safety check reviews. In addition to freeing their restaurant managers to focus more on their customers’ experiences, they also benefited from improved response time to potential safety issues, which is invaluable in protecting their hospitality brand.
As Microsoft highlighted in May 2017, more than 250,000 organizations have SharePoint Online as part of their Office 365 plan.
These customers have turned to the cloud to boost their competitiveness, employee engagement, and compliance. It’s no surprise that customers like IMS Electronics Recycling, a leading responsible recycler of electronics, adopted Nintex Workflow for Office 365 to automate critical business processes centered around content stored in SharePoint Online.
“Our industry is heavily regulated and we need our certifications to compete in the marketplace. Our customers require it. If tools like Nintex Workflow for Office 365 didn’t exist, we’d be at considerable risk of not staying competitive in the marketplace.”
– Robert Benavent, Director of Compliance, IMS Electronics Recycling
By automating their daily equipment inspections, IMS not only reduced the cost to maintain certifications crucial to market access and business growth, they also refocused more than half of their factory liaison staff to more strategic tasks.
More and more customers like these are turning to Nintex for Office 365 to design and execute powerful workflow automation solutions—with clicks, not code—across such use cases as document lifecycle management, global purchase processes, global project management and contract lifecycle management.
Your Feedback Powers Our Innovation
Clearly, our partners and customers are doing great things with Nintex for Office 365.
We have also continued to listen and act on your feedback, which drives our continuous investments in Nintex for Office 365 to deliver the performance, reliability, and critical features you depend on to achieve these outcomes.
Over the past 12 months, we’ve delivered a range of enhancements to Nintex for Office 365:
- Improved performance and reliability: A real benefit of the cloud is our ability to make improvements “under the covers” to deliver greater resilience and faster processing times for the millions of requests we receive each day, without interrupting your work or requiring you to install product updates or patches.
- Expanded geographic coverage: We’ve made Nintex for Office 365 available in data centers closer to where your Office 365 tenancy is hosted and your employees are located. This means improved compliance with your data sovereignty requirements, as well as lower latency and faster load times.
- Delivered highly desired features: Driven by both our continuous innovation roadmap and your feedback, we have delivered features including Multi Set Variables, Action Sets, Collapsible Actions, which are invaluable when designing large, sophisticated workflows, and Import and Replace to support your software development lifecycle practices. In Nintex Forms for Office 365, you can now tap into Managed Metadata, Save and Continue and Redirect Pages to make your forms even more robust for your users.
And we’re just getting started! In the coming months, you’ll also see features like Scheduled Workflows, Conditional Start, Task and Email Improvements, and Connection Manager on this roster of the great capabilities we’ve delivered.
We truly appreciate your feedback. It’s a huge component of our product planning and we encourage you to continue to participate in our Nintex Product Feedback forums. As we shared in this recent Nintex Connect blog post, we have revamped our forums to make it easier to share feedback, and we have redoubled our commitment to responding to your suggestions.
New Value and Innovation Available Today
In addition to these enhancements, we are excited to announce several new high-value and innovative capabilities for Nintex for Office 365:
- Nintex Document Generation: This new capability in Office 365 builds on the richness of the data-driven content automation capabilities previously available only in Nintex Drawloop® for Salesforce. It lets you dynamically generate high-impact documents (like contracts, sales proposals, licensing agreements, customer service response letters, onboarding materials, or any document package that is part of your business process) automatically within your Nintex Workflows. And, you can tap into the data and content you’ve already stored in SharePoint Online.
- Nintex App Studio: The March release of Nintex App Studio added both a new look and a new way to build powerful line-of-business process apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. It also introduced a new paradigm called “Custom Content,” which lets you go beyond simply mobilizing your Nintex Forms for Office 365. You can now incorporate videos, graphics, Office documents, PDFs, even custom HTML pages. All of which gives you a rich mobile app experience, without writing a single line of code!
- Nintex Analytics: Our powerful workflow analytics and process intelligence solution gives you operational visibility and business insight into the processes you’ve automated with Nintex for Office 365. In just a few clicks, you can quickly transform workflow and forms data into meaningful graphical dashboards that make it easy to understand the impact of your Office 365 workflows on your business.
These innovations and added value are available for you today, and for many of you, they are already included in your subscription license.
Discover your own Transformational Digital Business Opportunity with Nintex for Office 365
Nintex for Office 365 customers and partners have achieved great things in the last year: business success, certainly, but also influence on our product roadmap and innovation.
We hope you’ll take this moment to give Nintex for Office 365 a closer look. Join the tens of thousands of workflow designers or the over 1,700 Nintex partners who are improving the way people work in Office 365.
Ready to get started?
Let us know what you think!