Looking Beyond Chatbots
When people think about automated customer service, chatbots are often among the first things that come to mind. Chatbots have become a mainstay of customer service – from answering support questions to guiding users through the complete buying process.
It’s a frequent occurrence to land on a company’s homepage and be greeted by a chatbot in a pop-up window. And many businesses are now collecting instant messenger contact lists the same way they would once have collected emails.
There are many reasons why chatbots have become so ubiquitous:
- The tech is improving – Machine learning and natural language processing are making chatbots smarter and better at understanding and reproducing language.
- Messenger apps are increasingly popular – The rise of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger have provided the perfect avenue for interactive customers service. People are used to communicating with each other on these platforms, and it has become natural to interact with organizations in the same fashion.
- Chatbots provide an excellent customer experience – Customers expect quick, easy, and personalized experiences, which chatbots can deliver at scale.
- Frees up employees – Staff can work on more valuable tasks or more complex problems that require greater attention, while chatbots take care of most smaller customer issues.
It is clear to see why chatbots have been embraced by teams that are looking to enhance their customer service offering through automation. However, chatbots are only one form of automated customer service.
A more enterprise-wide approach is Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) – a new way to help businesses undergo wholesale digital transformation by radically transforming the processes their teams use to get work done.
What is Intelligent Process Automation?
Intelligent Process Automation brings artificial intelligence – including machine learning, natural language processing, and deep learning – into process automation.
IPA is a new approach to process automation pioneered by Nintex that help employees automate, orchestrate, and optimize the processes and workflows that are crucial to their day-to-day productivity. With no-code tools, employees can streamline the processes that matter the most.
There are six core components to intelligent process automation with Nintex:
- Advanced workflow
- Document generation
- Mobile apps and forms
- Robotic process automation
- Process intelligence
- Machine intelligence
Together, these six components not only give businesses the tools to automate processes but the intelligence to learn how to continue improving them over time.
Digital transformation is a never-ending journey, and IPA helps businesses stay one step ahead of the competition by continually improving efficiencies through streamlined processes.
Read our IPA whitepaper to learn more.
The Benefits of Automated Customer Service
Customer service is an ideal area of a business to apply Intelligent Process Automation. There are huge benefits to be had. Automating processes in customer service can lead to:
- 90 percent year-over-year increase in first contact resolution rate
- 83 percent year-over-year increase in customer satisfaction rate
- 62 percent greater average customer profit margin annually
- Over three times annual increase in employee engagement rate
Digital transformation in customer service is becoming increasingly essential. Customer expectations are changing, and this is especially true when it comes to customer service. They expect quick, seamless resolutions to their problems. If organizations cannot meet these demands they risk losing repeat business.
Many customer service teams still run on manual or paper-based processes, which can be slow, laborious, and time-consuming. Automating these processes is a hugely effective way of improving customer service and driving your business forward.
For example, document generation capabilities can create a contract for a new customer automatically with the relevant information included, while automatic forms capture customer feedback at regular intervals.
Take Your Customer Service to the Next Level
If your business is looking to digitally transform how your customer service works, you should look beyond chatbots and look to implement a more integrated and robust approach using Intelligent Process Automation. You can find out more about IPA here, and learn more about Nintex’s solutions for customer service here.